Welcome to the Tuune website.
Welcome to Tuune, a data-driven personalized female healthcare platform. This mobile platform was developed and designed by Tuune’s team of scientists, doctors, researchers, and engineers with input and advice from women and people with cycles, just like you.
This Privacy Notice describes how Tuune collects, uses, discloses and retains your personal information when you use Tuune, and lets you know about Tuune’s privacy practices.
Please read this notice carefully. If you do not want Tuune to collect, use, disclose or retain your personal information in the ways described in this Privacy Notice, you should not use Tuune.
If you have any questions, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Uniq Health Inc. t/a Tuune
26 Broadway c/o Primary 8th Floor, New York, NY, 10004
If you are using Tuune in the EU, please click
Personal Information Protection
As part of our
- impose standards to maintain the confidentiality of personal information; and
- use physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect it.
Personal information is any information that can be connected to you directly (such as your name), or through certain identifiers (such as credit/debit card). Personal information includes personal health information - any individually identifiable information relating to your past, present, or future physical and mental health status and health care.
However, personal information does not include publicly available information lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state or local government records or widely distributed media.
Tuune’s policies prohibit the unlawful disclosure of personal information. We disclose it externally only where applicable law allows or requires it. Internally, it’s our policy to limit the access, use and disclosure of personal information to be in line with the job duties of our associates, as well as applicable law. We never sell your personal information.
Personal information Tuune collects
Tuune collects personal information, including personal health information.
- Account creation - user name, email address
- Basic information - sex at birth, date of birth, location - country and state
- Health assessment – personal health information including current health data, biometrics (weight and height), past medical data, sexual health data (menstrual, pregnancy and libido), personal contraception preferences, family medical history
- GPS location
- Credit card information
How Tuune uses personal information
Get Early Access
Tuune uses your personal information, when you sign up and give your consent (say it’s okay), to:
- create your Tuune account;
- analyze your responses (including by automated means) and provide reports with information on medications;
- email you information about the services, for example when your personalized report is ready to view;
- share your personal information with a physician(s) for review, with your specific consent;
- share your personal information with laboratories, with your specific consent;
- provide recommendations for medications;
- deliver you the results of hormone tests from physicians;
- process payments, for example for hormone tests;
- provide ongoing non-medical monitoring by clinical team, where available;
- create anonymous data about users and what users do in Tuune;
- contact you with updates and information about Tuune, our services, or [women’s health];
- understand how you use Tuune so we can improve it;
- help you when you need it;
- reply when you have questions or want to tell us something you like or don’t like about Tuune; and
- when you sign up, to deliver you updates about Uniq’s business activities via email.
Tuune knows who you are from the personal information you provide.
Tuune uses information about you and what you do in Tuune to create data that doesn’t identify you or link to your personal information. This anonymous data belongs to Tuune. We use it to understand the needs of the Tuune community and may share it with medical researchers. These medical researchers will have restricted access to anonymous data which contain only the information required for their specific research study. Tuune’s agreements with medical researchers include strict rules and processes on how anonymous data from Tuune and research data is shared.
Tuune may make your personal information known to third parties if:
- the law says Tuune has to reveal it;
- Tuune believes it is necessary to protect your safety, the safety of other users, or the public; or
- Tuune has to reveal your personal information to protect and defend our rights or property.
Consent to use your personal information
You own your personal information. We only use it with your consent. At any time, you can withdraw your consent to the collection, use, sharing and of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice. When you withdraw your consent, we will remove your active account from Tuune. However, we will not be able to provide our services to you without your consent.
You can opt-out of most email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. As long as you are using Tuune, we may still contact you for administrative purposes, for example to notify you of a change to the service, a change to the Privacy Notice, or a service interruption.
With your consent, we may use your opinion, testimonial, or comments about Tuune on our websites and in other materials. If at any time you want your name, testimonial or comment removed, please let us know.
Consent for research
With your consent, Tuune will use:
- your personal information, including personal health information, for research purposes; and
- your personal contact information to contact you about participating in research studies.
This consent for research is entirely voluntary and does not impact your use of Tuune in any way.
Tuune research may be sponsored by, conducted on behalf of, or in collaboration with strategic research partners, such as non-profit foundations and academic institutions.
You can withdraw your consent to be contacted about research or for Tuune to use your personal information for research at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that Tuune will still use your personal information to create anonymous user data for our own purposes and research purposes after you have withdrawn this consent. Please contact us if you would like more information.
Disclosing your personal information to others
“Disclose” means to release, transfer, provide access to, or otherwise divulge (share) your personal information.
Only certain technical Tuune employees will be able to see your personal information. They will see it only if they need to support you or if their work on Tuune requires them to see it. They are only allowed to disclose it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Tuune always seeks your consent to disclose personal information we have collected, including personal health information, with physicians so that they can order hormone tests from labs, review and approve reports and write prescriptions for you.
Like most companies, we use the services of other companies, like cloud services and technology services. Your personal information may be disclosed to these service providers and vendors, but only for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice. We have contracts in place with these service providers requiring them to protect your personal information and to only use it for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice.
Tuune will not disclose your personal information, other than as described in this Privacy Notice, without your specific consent.
Keeping your personal information
Tuune will keep your personal information while you are using Tuune.
If you don’t use Tuune for one (1) year, or ask Tuune to delete your personal information, we will disable your active Tuune account and remove your personal information so that any remaining information cannot be used to identify you, subject to the following limitations:
- Personal information that has been used for research purposes cannot be removed from completed studies that used that information.
- Tuune will keep limited personal information related to your account as required by law, contractual obligations, and/or as necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and for audit and compliance purposes.
We will not be able to provide our services to you if you ask us to delete your personal information from Tuune.
We regularly make copies of Tuune for safekeeping. We update these copies every seven (7) days. It will take at least seven (7) days from the time Tuune removes your personal information for your personal information to be deleted from these copies.
Tuune uses third parties to process payments and does not have access to or keep your credit card information when you make a payment to us.
Protecting your personal information
Tuune complies with applicable federal and state privacy legislation where our users and Tuune’s business activities are located. We
- Put your personal information into code (“encrypt” it) when moving and storing it.
- Remove your personal information if there is no need to have your personal information.
- Make sure that only employees who need to see your personal information to do their jobs can see your personal information.
- Make companies helping to deliver Tuune commit to protecting your personal information. They may use personal information only under Tuune’s instructions.
Your personal information and your rights
You may request access to, make corrections to, or delete the personal information Tuune has about you at any time, subject to limited exceptions. Upon written request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information.
You can ask us to limit the use or sharing of your personal information for marketing purposes. Tuune does not use your personal information for marketing purposes without your consent.
If you have questions about your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Automated decision-making and algorithms
When you sign up for Tuune, the consent you give allows us to use a set of rules to review your personal information and analyze the personal information you have provided. This set of rules, the algorithm we have developed and own, then matches you with the right medication based on their side effect profile and medical history.
You decide how much personal information to give to Tuune. When you provide more information, you will receive better recommendations in reports from Tuune.
Location of personal information
Our company and service providers are located in the United States. Your personal information will be stored in the United States.
Certain Tuune employees in the UK and Europe will be able to see your personal information. They will see it only if they need to support you or if their work on Tuune requires them to see it.
Children and Privacy
Our website and services are not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
If Tuune changes hands
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business. Any personal information you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our business that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or controlling party will be permitted to use your personal information - but only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
In the event any of your personal information is to be transferred in this way, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Tuune may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including email notification if appropriate).
Your continued use of Tuune following the posting of changes to this Privacy Notice will signify your acceptance of those changes. We will keep prior versions of this Privacy Notice in an archive for your review.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices and to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
You can contact our Privacy Officer to make a complaint about how we collect, use, disclose or retain your personal information:
Uniq Health Inc. t/a Tuune
26 Broadway c/o Primary 8th Floor, New York, NY, 10004
Last updated: 22 Oct 2021.